Okay, wait… How do you duel? I mean, I know how to duel, but people seem to duel differently than me. Do you press the keys or do you use the mouse?
Uhh hey Slytherin’s… just curious… do you earn points for those mini games (degnoming or whatever) or is it just to advance to the next chapter (like getting the flying key or choosing the correct potions)? Can you play them again or is it just once?
Edit: Thanks, guys <3 Add me: RoseCat5792 (Gryffindor|I accept all duels)
Why does it always say that my comment is under moderation for Pottermore?
"I’m going to make another account so I can see the Chamber of Secrets"
"I’m going to log into my Slytherin account to look through the first four chapters"
We get it tomorrow. It’s more exciting to look through it on your main account. Don’t be a sore loser and basically cheat your way into seeing it. This was the Slytherin’s prize and let’s just be fair and give them that. They won it fair and square.
Oh, I don't doubt that all of your ideas would be possible. But Pottermore has barely improved anything since beta and even made a lot of things worse. Ideas like yours are what that site needs but they never listen to their fans at all. It's a huge waste of opportunity, if you ask me.
I completely agree, but if they want to keep a good amount of traffic on the site, they know they will have to eventually start listening to ideas like mine. The site (in my opinion) is fine like this, but you lose interest quickly. I like the idea of releasing the books slowly, but they have to come out with games or something in between books.
Oh gosh, can you please become the next CEO of Pottermore? You'd be a much better CEO than the current one. Your ideas are awesome (not that I think they'll ever actually do any of it, but the ideas are certainly awesome).
Thank you so much! Really! I think everything on my list is possible, actually. I thought rationally. I’ve seen other, non-official HP sites do similar things and I think Pottermore would be able to do it (better) too.
Pottermore Ideas by RoseCat5792:
Ideas for Pottermore:
- Wizard’s Chess- go against different houses.
- Quidditch- in due time, I’m sure it would be difficult to perfect.
- Trading card game- trade Chocolate Frog Cards with other members (would require a lot of different cards premade and some are rare and given only on certain days or events.)
- Customize your avatar and have a full body avatar on your profile.
- Buy items from Diagon Alley to put on your full body avatar- House scarf, wand, broom, pet, robe,
- Large customization options for hair, skin color, and face due to users from all over the world.
- Transfiguration- transform simple things like small animals or more difficult things like chairs
- Potions- more spell options that are harder (the more difficult, the more house points)
- Herbology- learn about different plants and how to plant, tame, or extract seeds from them
- Astrology- learn about different constellations and planets with trivia quizzes
- History of Magic (info + quizzes)
- Defense Against the Dark Arts (quizzes, spell practices, informational reads)
Some excerpts of books from the Harry Potter series.
- Hogwarts: A History
- Quidditch for the Ages- excerpts from the actual published book
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- excerpts from the actual published book
- A History of Magic
- Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart- for the laughs!
- One Thousand Magical Herbs and Funji- would be incredibly fascinating (to me, at least)
- Full Body Avatar (see above)
- Background customizations (different graphics with your house colors)
- Comment section for friends only (comments approved by you before being posted)
- “About Me” section- name, country, age (MAYBE)
- “Message Me” option- for friends only
- “Best Friends” section
- House points earned in duels, classes, games, etc.
- Instant messaging from friends to friends.
- Awards for duels (milestones), perfect scores on class quizzes, etc.
- Submit HP Cosplay pictures (all pictures need to be accepted before they are posted and you can “Favorite” them, no like or dislikes system or comment sections)